It's unbelievable...looking at that little ticker and only seeing "32 days left" is insane! Granted, it may be a few more days longer than that (though no longer than 2 weeks), but the idea that Baby Michael will be coming in 6 weeks or less is both thrilling and scary too!
Labor is definitely on the forefront of my mind as something I want to just get through and have behind me...though I'm trying not to be too anxious about it. It's just one of those things that I have to do to get the baby out. I just hope it goes smoothly for us!
But however he comes out, Baby Michael will be here in 6 weeks or less. Do you realize that 6 weeks ago, it was just about the beginning of May....that wasn't that long ago! Those memories don't yet seem that distant, and to think in that amount of time or less, we'll have our little boy in our arms! So exciting!
As this phase of pregnancy ends, and Michael and I are preparing to enter the exciting new world of parenthood, I'm definitely starting to feel a little slower and sluggish. My hands and feet are swelling up a lot. It's a little uncomfortable, but I guess the worse part of it is that it's just ugly. I look at my ankles and they are so plump...ugh!! It's one thing to have a big belly sticking out, but I can just blame that on the baby...but there is no baby in my ankles!
It's neat to experience life inside me, and it has been a great experience being pregnant...something we hope to do again, but it will be nice to have my body back!!
It is pretty fun that he is very responsive...he moves around a lot in response to voices, both mine and especially Michael's. It used to be really on his terms that we could get him to move around, but lately, all we have to do is talk to him (and poke him a little if he's asleep) and he'll wiggle around. It will be so great to play with him, hold him, hug and kiss him in a few weeks!
Jack and Thomas seem to be looking forward to him with eager anticipation too. At Kathy's non-stress test on Friday, they had a good time trying to wake him up by talking to him and poking at my tummy. Jack asks about Baby Michael a lot, and seems to be very concerned that there are plenty of accomodations for him at the Campbell household once he arrives. He told me very convincingly that there are two cribs at their house, one for Peter and one for Michael..."You got that, Wheetah?" Yes...I got it!
Ahh....just a little more time before baby Peter arrives!! I can't wait!! Jack and Thomas bring me so much joy...and to know there is a third one that can come any day now...it's the best feeling ever! And then to be able to add one to the brigade of boys. It's so much fun!
Hurry Peter...your family is chomping at the bit to meet you!!
1 comment:
Wow -- 6 weeks or less until baby Michael comes -- it didn't occur to me until now how close that is!! I'm so excited to meet him, too! When people ask Jack if he's excited to have a new baby brother coming any day now, he says yes and then *always* adds on "And baby Michael, too!". I even heard Thomas trying to say "baby Michael" the other day. We can't wait!
I know what you mean about starting to focus in on labor ... most of the time I don't really think about labor -- I just get excited about Peter being here, but lately (especially) I think about going through either regular labor OR a c-section and I get a tad anxious. Maybe we'll be like those Bradley women who have painfree labors, huh?!? One can hope :).
Post a Comment