It's so funny....just this afternoon, I posted at how long it took me to get one post done...partly because little Michael was being kind of in a testy mood....but then, voila! Daddy Michael comes home and 1) Little Michael is on angelic behavior and 2) Suddenly my unproductive day turns wildly productive! I got laundry done, finally got my shower in, made dinner, and baked banana bread! How nice it is to have such a wonderful husband who our son adores! I don't know how Moms do it without a Daddy to come home and take over!
I can't tell you how good it is for my own feeling of self-worth to know that I have more to show for my day than a trash can full of dirty diapers I changed and a son who is several ounces heavier I'm sure than when the day began. Even though I know even that is something to be proud of, after all, taking care of him is exactly what God is calling me to do with my life right now, but still...it feels good to say I did this today. Ah...I never thought chores would be so good for my self-esteem!
2 comments:
I'm glad the handing-off of baby Michael from Mom to Dad works out so well! I'm sure Daddy Michael misses baby Michael while he is away at work, so they get to spend quality time together while you get a chance for a little "free" time to do work and take care of yourself. Perfect!!
(Selfishly, I'm glad because I *love* reading your posts, so I'm glad you get a little spare time for posting, too!).
I agree with Kathy. I LOVE reading your blogs, so I am glad you are getting in some "blog writing" time.
I am happy to see all the updates. I hadn't had a chance to check this for a couple days and now there is so much new info. I love it!
I also love all the new pictures and videos. Michael is looking more and more alert and aware of his surroundings. He is SO cute!
I am so proud of you gus, and how did you get a chance to get in baking!? You are such a great team!
Post a Comment