Of course, in our family, we don't even think twice about the fact that "Gak" Michael's word for hot chocolate, is something we hear everyday...."Gak" is a totally made-up word, really has nothing to do with hot chocolate, and quite frankly, sounds a little disgusting. But, that's how it is. This is Michael's word for his favorite drink which really functions like most people's coffee. He can't really start his day without it, and since it seems like the only way to get milk in his system, I'm fine with it.
And Matthew is not less talented at making up words and making them part of the family vocabulary.
Meet "Stee."

It's a red helicopter. The most coveted toy in our home. So coveted, Michael went to the store to buy a second one, but of course that one mysteriously disappeared so we are back to the battle of the red "Stee."
I don't know why Matthew calls it "stee" but he is determined that this is what heliciopters are. When he sees one in the sky, he yells "STEEEE!!!! STEEEEE!!"
Michael Jr has now adopted the word and so it is falling into common usage in the home.
Each helicopter in the home has its own name: Brown Stee, White Stee, the coveted Red Stee, Yellow Stee and Green Stee. Michael can clearly articulate which one he wants, but Matthew uses syllables to describe each stee that is particular to each color. I suppose it takes a mother's ear, but the funny thing is, I know what he means.
At some point, we will have to correct it, but goodness, it's so darn cute the way they say it and that it's something that we'll remember long after they outgrow it.
In the meantime, next time you see a helicopter, feel free to call say it loud and proud: "STEEEE!!!"
2 comments:
I would love to hear "STEE!" in person! It sounds like the kind of word you really need to say loud and with a lot of energy :).
That's funny that you tried to get a duplicate red STEE only to have it disappear! And I'm sure if you did find another red STEE, the boys would pick out some defect or difference and one of them would still be the most truly coveted one.
I can so hear Matthew saying Stee!
Those boys have the most unique personalities. They are so cute!!!
Post a Comment