Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Budding Academic

It seems that Baby Michael is already taking after his daddy: staying up late to work on papers!

Michael, the baby and I had an all-night vigil on Thursday-Friday for Michael's paper. Michael took care of the hard stuff of writing the paper, while I tweaked the Bibliography and made us nachos.

I was expecting the baby to fall asleep while I typed. I wasn't moving around, I was sitting in the chair, but I guess he wanted it to be a family affair and stay up with the rest of us because that baby did not sleep at all!!

He had been awake much of the day, and he usually sleeps at night when I sleep (thankfully!) but last Thursday, was not the case. He was up the whole time!

Finally, when I got around to getting to bed, after many hours of the poor kid being sleep deprived, he went to sleep. What I perceive to be his sleep schedule has been a little off since then. He still sleeps at night but it takes him a bit longer to settle down, and he seems to be much more quiet during the day than before. Normally, I could count on him to be doing something every hour, but now it seems more common that I could go multiple hours without him moving, and then, usually after I eat, he'll stir around.

It was both fun to have him up with us in one sense (he was in solidarity) but after a while, it got kind of distracting. He wasn't just moving in there, he was doing all sorts of acrobatics. It almost seemed like he was bugged with me and was trying to get me to get out of the sitting position so he could sleep. I actually started feeling sorry for the poor kid and that was a primary motivation for leaving when I did. It wasn't just that I was tired, but I felt like i needed to let this poor baby sleep!

Our silly little boy!

No comments: